Within the framework of the announcement of the year 2024 as the “Albanian Year of Forests” The National Forestry Agency, represented by the General Director Mr. Artur Kala, signed a cooperation agreement with the University College of Business represented by the Rector Prof. Dr Ylber BEZO.
Cooperation will include:
- Joint commitments within the framework of the announcement of 2024 as the “Albanian Year of Forests” in the awareness-raising promotional activities that will be undertaken.
- Providing human capacities for the organization of joint activities, such as open lectures, seminars, trainings, symposiums and scientific conferences.
- The provision by the National Forestry Agency of the development of study visits and internships for students of the University College of Business.
- Drafting, competition and implementation of projects of common interest.
- The mutual participation of the parties as cooperation partners in public activities.
- Reciprocal promotion of joint activities and achievements in the field of forest administration by NFA and scientific achievements of UCB.
Following this, Mr. Artur Kala held an open lecture with the academic staff and students of the University College of Business on the role of the National Forestry Agency and the challenges of the forest sector in the context of climate change, the implementation of the green agenda, forest management issues, etc.
The meeting was characterized by discussions and comments from students and academic staff.
In the coming days, NFA will finalize cooperation agreements with other important actors of the forestry sector.